2022-04-13
2745
#gatsby#graphql#typescript
Yomi Eluwande
4770
Apr 13, 2022 ⋅ 9 min read

Setting up a TypeScript and Gatsby project with GraphQL

Yomi Eluwande JavaScript developer. Wannabe designer and Chief Procrastinator at Selar.co and worklogs.co.

Recent posts:

Using Aws Lambda And Aws Cloudfront To Optimize Image Handling

Using AWS Lambda and CloudFront to optimize image handling

Leverage services like AWS Lambda, CloudFront, and S3 to handle images more effectively, optimizing performance and providing a better UX.

Nitish Sharma
Apr 12, 2024 ⋅ 12 min read
Building Web-Based Terminal Components With Termino.js

Building web-based terminal components with Termino.js

Explore Termino.js, an open source library for integrating web-based terminals into applications, in this introduction article.

Chibuike Nwachukwu
Apr 11, 2024 ⋅ 6 min read
How To Build A Custom Gpt: Step By Step Tutorial

How to build a custom GPT: Step-by-step tutorial

Let’s see why and how to build custom GPTs — personalized versions of ChatGPT that act as custom chatbots to serve a specific purpose.

Peter Aideloje
Apr 10, 2024 ⋅ 7 min read
Jest Adoption Guide: Overview, Examples, And Alternatives

Jest adoption guide: Overview, examples, and alternatives

Jest is feature-rich testing framework that comes with several in-built features that make it powerful and easy to use.

Ibiyemi Adewakun
Apr 9, 2024 ⋅ 12 min read
View all posts

8 Replies to "Setting up a TypeScript and Gatsby project with GraphQL"

  1. Hi i am sorry if this a dumb question, but i am getting a cannot find ‘__PATH_PREFIX__’ in the layout.tsx. Is this something we are supposed to replace with a value, or does gatsby replace this value? When i clone the repo, this value doesnt seem to play well with typescript.

    1. I don’t believe that’s what Yomi is suggesting. You need to change the extension of blog-post.js to .tsx in line 7 of the gatsby-node.js file.

  2. Hey! Great article. Really easy to follow and understand. I managed to get setup and using TypeScript in a matter of minutes.

    Only problem I ran into was the `”type-check”: “tsc –noEmit”` was running checks on `node_modules` even although it was excluded! What fixed it for me was adding `”skipLibCheck”: true` to the `tsconfig.json` under `compilerOptions`.

    “`
    {
    “compilerOptions”: {
    “module”: “commonjs”,
    “target”: “esnext”,
    “jsx”: “preserve”,
    “lib”: [“dom”, “esnext”],
    “strict”: true,
    “noEmit”: true,
    “isolatedModules”: true,
    “esModuleInterop”: true,
    “noUnusedLocals”: false,
    “allowJs”: true,
    “skipLibCheck”: true //NEW
    },
    “exclude”: [“node_modules”, “public”, “.cache”]
    }
    “`

    Not sure if this will cause further issues down the line, but in the mean time I hope this helps anyone who runs into the same issue!

Leave a Reply